A collection of Latham's 2016 resources and thought leadership on the derivatives market.
Webcasts: 2016 Derivatives Market Year in Review: A Two-Part Series
Part I: Regulatory Developments & Market Outlook (Recording) and Takeaway Summary Document - December 7, 2016
- Uncleared Swaps Margin Rules
- Cross-Border Application of Dodd-Frank
- Regulation AT
- Clearing and Trade Execution
- Commodity Trading
- Security-Based Swap Regulation
Part II: CFTC Enforcement Review (Recording) - December 14, 2016
- Manipulation, Spoofing and Insider Trading
- Reporting Violations
- Cryptocurrencies and Cybersecurity
- Evolution of the CFTC's Whistleblower Program
- Prospects for Swap Execution Facility Enforcement
- International Perspective
Client Alerts & Whitepapers
- US vs EU Margin Rules - April 18, 2017
- New guide lays out the margin requirements for uncleared derivative transactions in a user-friendly comparative table.
- CFTC Proposes New Enforcement Authority and Other Amendments in Its Whistleblower Program - September 8, 2016
- Mirroring existing SEC authority, the CFTC’s proposal would allow it to impose sanctions for retaliation against whistleblowers.
- CFTC Brings Significant Enforcement Action Against Online Cryptocurrency Exchange - June 20, 2016
- The action reflects the CFTC’s expanded jurisdiction and provides further clarity on what constitutes “actual delivery” in cryptocurrency trading.
- Dodd-Frank Almost 6 Years Later: Where Are We Now? Energy-Related Derivatives Regulation - February 29, 2016
- Assessing the practical implications of recent and upcoming rulemakings on position limits, volumetric optionality, trade options and more.
- CFTC Extends Trade Option Reporting Deadline to April 1, 2016 - February 23, 2016
- The CFTC provides the market additional time to submit Form TO while considering further amendments to trade option reporting rules.
- CFTC Uncleared Swap Margin Rules to Take Effect in September - February 19, 2016
- While the US gears up for compliance with uncleared swap margin rules, cross-border application of the CFTC rules remains unclear.
- SEC Proposes Rules on the Use of Derivatives by Funds - February 3, 2016
- The proposal would place restrictions on certain investment funds to limit their use of derivatives and require certain risk management procedures.