Tom Watret is an associate in the Litigation & Trial Practice of Latham & Watkins’ London office. He has a broad practice within commercial litigation and international arbitration.
Mr. Watret trained in the firm’s London office, gaining experience in the Litigation & Trial Department as well as the Corporate and Restructuring & Special Situations Practices.
Mr. Watret’s experience includes advising and acting for:
- A German insolvency administrator on a jurisdictional battle in the English Commercial Court and Court of Appeal relating to claims in excess of €2 billion
- A high-net-worth individual on claims in the English Commercial Court in excess of £500 million relating to a complex international conspiracy
- A US commercial real estate company in a breach of contract claim in excess of £60 million relating to an engineering dispute
- A BVI insolvency administrator on claims in England and other jurisdictions in excess of US$50 million against the insolvent company’s former director
- A US company in an ICC arbitration in claims for misrepresentation and breach of contract
- A high-net-worth individual in an LCIA arbitration for breach of contract
- A UK company and its director in claims in the English High Court against its parent company in the context of a US$5-6 billion ICSID claim