Terese Saplys is an associate in the London office of Latham & Watkins and a member of the firm’s Data & Technology Transactions Practice.
Ms. Saplys advises on a broad range of commercial issues with a focus on technology and intellectual property transactions, including transactional intellectual property matters, commercial contracts, business separations and transitional services arrangements, e-commerce, emerging companies matters, and data protection. She has advised clients from a range of sectors, including information technology and digital media and healthcare and life sciences.
In 2017, Ms. Saplys advised CVC Capital Partners on various aspects of their acquisition of the women’s health business of pharmaceuticals company Teva. Following the completion of the acquisition in 2018, Ms. Saplys was seconded to Theramex as their sole in-house legal counsel, covering matters from day-to-day operational support to advising on strategic future transactions prior to Theramex appointing a general counsel. Since then, Ms. Saplys has advised various clients on collaboration agreements for the development and/or distribution of new drug therapies. She has also advised various clients on commercial, licensing, regulatory, and data protection aspects of acquisitions of various healthcare and life sciences businesses.
Ms. Saplys' representative matters include:
- GlaxosmithKline – Junior associate advising on clinical trial collaboration agreements with various counterparties, including issues relating to manufacture, supply, IP and commercial contracts, in addition to distribution aspects of GSK’s divestment of various products.
- Theramex – Junior associate on pre-closing commercial, licensing, and supply matters in connection with the acquisition of various women’s health products from MSD and Janssen, respectively.
- Zogenix – Junior associate advising on all aspects of drafting intragroup transfer pricing plan and data sharing agreement.
- Vascular Graft Solutions – Junior associate advising on data protection compliance strategy, including drafting a full suite of data protection policies and documentation.
- Theramex/CVC – Junior associate on all pre-closing commercial, licensing, supply, separation, and transitional matters in connection with the acquisition of certain women’s health products from Teva. Ongoing day-to-day guidance and advice on supply, licensing, and separation matters as in-house counsel.
- “Effect of a "No-Deal" Brexit on IP in the UK,” Latham & Watkins Article (January 2019)
- “European Banking Authority's Draft Guidelines on Outsourcing: Discussion of Key Themes ,” Latham & Watkins Article (September 2018)
- “A New Era for Data Protection in Brazil,” Latham & Watkins Article (August 2018)
- “FCA Speaks Out on the Ethics of Big Data ,” Latham & Watkins Article (July 2018)