Suzanne Logan is counsel in the Project Development & Finance Practice in the Washington, D.C. office of Latham & Watkins. She represents private developers, lenders, and governments in connection with all phases of the development and financing of domestic and international energy and infrastructure projects.
In particular, Ms. Logan has significant experience representing clients in the negotiation of project agreements for all manner of energy and infrastructure projects, including joint development agreements; power purchase and other offtake agreements; renewable energy certificate agreements; fuel supply agreements; design and engineering agreements; equipment supply agreements; engineering, procurement and construction agreements; construction management agreements; and operations and maintenance agreements. Ms. Logan also has significant experience obtaining guarantees and other benefits from the Department of Energy Loan Guarantee Program and other federal energy-related programs.
Ms. Logan is a member of the Legal Professional and Paralegal Committee and the recipient of the Fulbright Fellow Scholarship.
Ms. Logan's representative transactions include:
- Currently representing the sponsor in connection with the development and proposed financing of a 400 MW coal-based integrated gasification combined cycle power/poly-gen facility with carbon dioxide capture
- Currently representing a portfolio company of a private equity firm focused on investing in the North American energy sector, in (a) the drafting and negotiation of preliminary services agreements and EPC agreements for distributed natural gas facilities to be constructed in the eastern US and (b) the financing of the construction and operation of a portfolio of such facilities; representation of this client in the financing was a direct result of her development work for such client
- Currently representing the sponsor in connection with the development and proposed financing of an approximately 168 MW (gross) first-of-its-kind commercial-scale oxy-combustion plant with carbon dioxide capture and sequestration
- Represented investors in private placement of approximately US$100 million in senior secured notes in connection with the acquisition financing of an 100 MW wind farm in Tehachapi, California
- Represented sponsor in the development, acquisition, bridge financing, and senior construction and term financing of a 71 MW hybrid wind and solar farm in Cochise County, Arizona
- Represented (a) four natural-gas fired operation assets, in the drafting and negotiation of O&M and materials maintenance agreements and (b) one of the same operating assets, in the drafting and negotiation of an EPC agreement for certain equipment upgrades required as a result of a FERC-mandated settlement agreement
- Represented sponsor in the proposed development of an approximately US$1 billion petrochemicals facility to be constructed and interconnected to its existing facilities in Brazoria County, Texas
- Represented sponsor in (a) the negotiation of financing documents for a US$100 million delayed-draw term loan, with the collateral being a portfolio of real estate and/or financial interests in various renewable energy projects throughout the US, including utility-scale wind and solar farms and (b) the payoff of such term loan, which took place concurrently with the sale of such company and involved termination of multiple interest rate hedge agreements and real estate documents in multiple jurisdictions
- Represented sponsor in the development, acquisition, bridge financing, and sale of an 18 MW solar farm in Fresno County, California
- Represented lenders in connection with the financing of a 36 MW portfolio composed of more than 40 distributed solar generation projects in Massachusetts
- Represented major equity investor in the approximately US$3.6 billion construction and term financing of two 4.5 mmtpa liquefaction trains for production of LNG in Louisiana, which transaction was Project Finance International’s 2012 Americas Deal of the Year and Project Finance’s 2012 North American Oil and Gas Deal of the Year
- Represented the export credit agencies, commercial banks and underwriters in connection with the US$14 billion financing of the PNG LNG project in Papua New Guinea, winner of Project Finance International’s 2009 Asia Pacific Deal of the Year and Project Finance’s 2009 Asia Pacific Oil and Gas Deal of the Year
- Represented lenders in connection with the financing of a 60 MW wind facility in Maine
- Represented lenders in connection with the term financing for a 130.5 MW wind facility in Indiana
- Represented sponsor and borrower in the financing of three wind power projects in New York, winner of the Americas Renewables Deal of the Year in Project Finance International's 2008 awards
- Represented sponsors in the creation of a joint venture to develop a US$5 billion electrical transmission line along the Atlantic Seaboard to service future offshore wind projects
- Represented a major Spanish utility in the sale of natural gas storage and pipeline assets by its wholly-owned subsidiary in a transaction valued at over US$65 million
- Represented sponsor in connection with financing associated with the sale of a 50% equity interest in a portfolio of power generation and transmission facilities in Jamaica, the Bahamas, Curacao, and Trinidad with a combined gross generation capacity of 2300 MW
- Represented private equity investors in connection with an investment of up to US$60 million to construct and operate one or more of biosolids-to-fertilizer processing facilities throughout the United States and Middle East
- Represented private equity investors in connection with an investment of up to US$40 million to construct and operate a premium activated carbon manufacturing facility in Hawaii