Susan Mazur represents technology and life sciences companies, advising these companies and entrepreneurs in the areas of:
Ms. Mazur has been recognized:
As the 2015-2016 Boston Venture Capital Law Lawyer of the Year by Best Lawyers. Ms. Mazur is also consistently recognized as a leading lawyer in the areas of corporate law and venture capital by Best Lawyers.
As a Massachusetts leader in the area of Private Equity: Venture Capital Investment in the 2007 through 2018 editions of Chambers USA where clients remarked that “she is a fantastic writer,” has “an amazing grasp of all the different issues that can arise,” and that she is always “spot-on in her advice.”
As a Massachusetts leader in the Technology field in the 2014 through 2018 editions of Chambers USA, where market commentators note that she is “as good as anyone, anywhere.”
As a Massachusetts leader in the Corporate/M&A field in the 2018 edition of Chambers USA, where market commentators say she is “an outstanding attorney. She is very smart, extremely responsive and a strong negotiator.”
As a Massachusetts leader in the Capital Markets field in the 2016 and 2017 editions of Chambers USA, where market commentators praise her "strong venture capital practice."
As a Nationwide leader in the Startups & Emerging Companies field in the 2017 and 2018 editions of Chambers USA.
As one of Boston's 2012 40 Under 40 by the Boston Business Journal, awarded to Boston's young business leaders.
As an Emerging Leader by the Boston Business Journal in 2012.
As a Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Star in securities and venture finance by Boston Magazine in 2005 to 2007 and from 2010 to 2013.
By her peers in 2009 through 2015 for inclusion in the Best Lawyers in America in the area of venture capital law.
Ms. Mazur’s clients include Actifio, Care.com, GoEuro, LogMeIn, Organica, Veracode and Wayfair. Other clients have included A123 Systems, Adnexus Therapeutics, EqualLogic, Vlingo, and Zipcar.
Representative matters include advising:
- LogMeIn in its merger with the GoTo family of service offerings subsidiary of Citrix
- Novomer in the sale of its polynols division to Saudi Aramco
- Zipcar in its initial public offering
- Vlingo in its sale to Nuance Communications
- Care.com in its initial public offering and acquisitions of Citrus Lane, Breedlove, and Betreut
- Wayfair in its initial public offering and acquisition of DwellStudio
- SpaceClaim in its sale to ANSYS
- Teradyne in its acquisition of LitePoint Corporation
- The Endurance International Group in its acquisition of Dotster, Inc., an internet domain registry
- Acitifio in multiple preferred stock financings
- GoEuro in multiple preferred stock financings
- Nasuni in multiple preferred stock financings