Stuart Beraha is a partner in the Corporate Department of Latham & Watkins’ Tokyo office and a member of the Technology Transactions Practice.
Mr. Beraha has broad experience in technology, content, branding, and other intellectual property development, licensing, and partnering transactions.
Mr. Beraha’s work includes:
- Structuring and negotiating joint venture and strategic alliance transactions and related agreements
- Technology, software, and content licenses and assignments
- E-commerce, search, and other Internet-related transactions
- Development, joint development, consulting, and outsourcing agreements
- Patent assignments and licenses
- Trademark licenses and related branding agreements
- The intellectual property components of merger and acquisition transactions
- Other transactions relating to the transfer of technology and other types of intellectual property
Mr. Beraha is admitted to the New York bar and registered in Japan as a Gaikokuho-Jimu-Bengoshi (Registered Foreign Lawyer, New York Law). Prior to joining Latham, he was a partner at a leading international law firm in Tokyo.
- Selected as the exclusive winner by the Client Choice Awards 2017 for the IT & Internet category for Japan
- Selected as an IP Star for the 2017–2019 editions of Managing Intellectual Property’s World IP Survey
- Recognized in the field of Intellectual Property in Chambers Global 2018 and Chambers Asia-Pacific 2019
- Ranked as a Leading Individual and recommended in both the TMT and Intellectual Property categories for The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific 2019
- Recommended in Intellectual Asset Management’s IAM Patent 1000: The World’s Leading Patent Practitioners in the transactions category for 2012–2018