Shagufa Hossain is a partner in the Corporate Department of the Washington, D.C. office of Latham & Watkins. She represents private equity firms, investment banks, and public and private companies in a variety of financing and other transactions, including cross-border and leveraged buyout transactions as well as debt and equity offerings. Her practice focuses on the areas of corporate finance, securities regulation and general securities, and corporate matters. Ms. Hossain was previously seconded to the firm’s Hong Kong office where she represented foreign private issuers in a number of equity and debt offerings.
Prior to law school, Ms. Hossain was an analyst in the London office of an international investment bank. She is a member of the New York and District of Columbia bars. She is a member of Latham's Recruiting Committee and a former local leader of the Asian and Middle Eastern Lawyers Group.
Ms. Hossain's experience includes representing:
- SIG Combibloc Group AG in its Initial Public Offering listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange and subsequent sales by its private equity owner
- Bandwidth in its Initial Public Offering listed on Nasdaq and subsequent Follow-On Offering and Convertible Notes Offering
- Multi Packaging Solutions International Limited in its Initial Public Offering listed on the NYSE
- The underwriters in the Initial Public Offering listed on Nasdaq by PRA Health Sciences, Inc. listed on Nasdaq
- The underwriters in the Initial Public Offering listed on the NYSE by Livent Corporation
- The underwriters in the Initial Public Offering listed on NYSE by JELD-WEN Holding
- The underwriters in the Initial Public Offering listed on the NYSE by Emerald Expositions Events
Additional clients that Ms. Hossain represents include:
- Onex Corporation
- Riverstone Holdings
- Platinum Equity
- Host Hotels & Resorts
- Morgan Stanley
- Bank of America
- One Rock Capital Partners
- The Carlyle Group, and its portfolio companies
- Credit Suisse
- Stericycle, Inc.