Semih Bayar Eren is a counsel in the Paris office of Latham & Watkins and a member of the Corporate Department.
Mr. Bayar Eren's practice focuses primarily on complex international strategic transactions involving both public and private companies. He advises a large variety of clients (buyers, sellers, financial institutions) in the context of M&A transactions and has also developed specific experience in corporate governance aspects. He also represents both issuers and shareholders as well as underwriters in equity capital market transactions.
Prior to joining the firm in 2014, Mr. Bayar Eren practiced for more than four years in the Paris office of a leading global law firm.
Mr. Bayar Eren’s mergers and acquisitions experience includes representing:
- Groupe Bertrand in the acquisition of a minority stake in Groupe Flo SA from Amiral Gestion and its takeover bid of Groupe Flo SA
- Atos in its sale of Worldline shares for an amount of €1.23 billion, through a placement to qualified investors by way of ABB and transfer to the Atos UK 2019 Pension Scheme
- Atos in the context of the spin-off of 23.4% of the share capital of Worldline for a total consideration of €2.34 billion
- Worldline in its €2.3 billion proposed acquisition of SIX Payment Services from SIX
- Siemens AG on the combination of its mobility business, including its rail traction drive business, in a merger of equals with Alstom SA, representing a combined revenue of €15.3 billion
- FMC Technologies in connection with its €13 billion merger of equals with Technip to create TechnipFMC
- Alcatel-Lucent Board of Directors in the €15.6 billion combination between Alcatel-Lucent and Nokia
- Nissan Motors Corp. in the negotiation of the shareholders’ arrangements between the Agence des Participations de l’Etat, Renault SA, and Nissan
- Galeries Lafayette group in connection with its acquisition of La Redoute
- Schlumberger Limited, the world’s largest oilfield services company, in connection with the sale of Schlumberger Business Consulting its oil consulting business, to Accenture
- William Demant Holdings in its acquisition of a 53.9% stake in Audika Groupe, a France-based network of hearing care providers, and the tender offer and squeeze out procedures
Mr. Bayar Eren’s capital markets experience includes representing:
- Shandong Ruyi Group and SMCP Group in its €541 million IPO on the regulated market of Euronext Paris
- Bain Capital and Maisons du Monde in connection with the €380 million IPO of Maisons du Monde on Euronext Paris
- Elior, a leading global caterer and support services provider, in connection with its €954 million IPO on Euronext Paris