Scott French is an associate in the Corporate Department of the Los Angeles office. His practice focuses on corporate and securities law with an emphasis on:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Capital markets and corporate finance
- Private and public company representation.
Mr. French previously worked in the firm’s Orange County office from 2006-2009. He then left Latham to work as Special Corporate Counsel to Newegg Inc., managing the legal aspects of the company’s attempted IPO efforts from 2009-2010. Prior to returning to Latham, Mr. French attended business school at The Kellogg School of Management – Northwestern University, where he was an Austin Scholar and obtained his MBA in 2012. After business school, Mr. French then worked as a Management Consultant with McKinsey & Co. in their Los Angeles office, advising industry-leading companies in the energy, technology and media space on key strategic, financial and operational matters.
In addition, Mr. French is a former Certified Public Accountant, and worked in the public accounting industry for almost three years before becoming an attorney. Prior to attending law school, Mr. French worked at the Los Angeles office of Deloitte & Touche from 2000-2003 in their Assurance & Advisory department, with clients in the manufacturing, consumer products and technology industries.
Mr. French’s legal experience covers a broad range of industries and practice areas:
Representative engagements in the Technology and Media industry include the following:
- The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS) in its acquisition of online multi-channel network Maker Studios
- Central Desktop in its sale to Premiere Global Services, Inc (NYSE: PGI)
- The Mighty Networks (We Are The Mighty) in each of its venture capital financing rounds
Other clients Mr. French has worked with in the technology and media space include Home Box Office, Inc. and MGM Holdings, Inc.
Representative engagements in the Consumer Products industry include the following:
- Nestle USA in the sale of its PowerBar business to Post Holdings (NYSE: POST) and in its sale of the Joseph’s Pasta division to Brynwood Partners
- VIZIO, Inc. in various company investments and corporate matters, including its IPO efforts in 2015
- Pressed Juicery in various corporate matters
Representative engagements in the Real Estate industry include the following:
- Representation of the underwriters in CyrusOne, Inc.’s (NASDAQ:CONE) various capital markets equity and debt financings
- Representation of the underwriters in Chatham Lodging Trust, Inc.’s (NYSE:CLDT) various capital markets equity financings
- Representation of the underwriters in InfraREIT’s IPO (NYSE:HIFR), the first IPO of an electric transmission and distribution infrastructure REIT
- Representation of the initial purchasers in CareTrust REIT Inc.’s ((NASDAQ:CTRE) US$260 million 144A bond offering
Mr. French has also advised Rentech, Inc. (NASDAQ: RTK) and HealthNet, Inc. (now acquired by Centene Inc. (NYSE: CNC)) on various corporate and public company matters.