Scott Colwell advises clients on international capital markets, corporate finance, and securities regulation, in particular, offerings of high-yield debt securities. Mr. Colwell has significant experience representing issuers and investment banks across Europe in connection with debt securities offerings and leveraged transactions.
Mr. Colwell was named to Financial News’ Legal Services 40 Under 40 list for capital markets lawyers in March 2013.
Mr. Colwell's experience includes advising:
- Nordic Capital on a recommended cash offer in connection with acquiring Advanz Pharma Corp. Llimited, a specialty pharmaceutical company with a strategic focus on complex medicines, and on the related offering of €475 million and £335 million Senior Secured Notes
- The initial purchasers on the bank and bond financing for ICON plc's acquisition of PRA Health Sciences, Inc., creating a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organization
- The senior secured noteholder committee on the €1.8 billion debt and equity recapitalization of Selecta, a Swiss headquartered pan-European coffee and vending machine business
- Walnut Bidco plc on the bank and bond financing for the public-to-private acquisition of Oriflame, a leading beauty company based in more than 60 countries, by members of the af Jochnick family.
- The initial purchasers and arrangers on the €16 billion financing for acquisition of SFR by Numericable S.A. and refinancing of existing debt, which included approximately €12 billion of notes issued by Numericable and its parent Altice
- The initial purchasers, led by J.P. Morgan, BNP Paribas, and Deutsche Bank, of US$5.2 billion of senior secured notes by Numericable-SFR S.A., which is the largest single-tranche high yield bond issuance to date
- The initial purchasers of €4.7 billion of notes issued to fund the acquisition of the Portuguese telecommunication assets of the former Portugal Telecom from Oi S.A.
- The initial purchasers, led by Goldman Sachs, of US$2.75 billion of senior secured notes issued by Altice Financing S.A.
- Goldman Sachs, as dealer manager, on an exchange offer for certain existing notes of Edcon Limited, the largest non-food retailer in Southern Africa, for new notes in connection with a complex restructuring of the Edcon group
- The initial purchasers, led by Morgan Stanley, of £280 million of senior secured notes issued by the Cognita group, a leading operator of private schools
- The initial purchasers, led by Credit Suisse, Barclays, and Morgan Stanley, of €590 million of senior secured notes issued by Interoute, a leading European ICT and cloud computing company
- Nordic Capital on the financing of its acquisition of the Lindorff Group, a Norwegian-based credit management services provider, which included €1.45 billion of notes issued in five tranches and two subsequent bond offerings totalling €480 million
- CVC on the financing of its acquisition of the Domestic & General Group, which included £500 million of notes issued in three tranches
- The initial purchasers on the US$3.7 billion high yield bond offerings issued in connection with the US$23.3 billion merger of Virgin Media and Liberty Global
- J.P. Morgan and Credit Suisse in a €1.2 billion two tranche high yield bond offering by Kabel BW in connection with its acquisition by Liberty Global, the transaction was awarded EMEA High-Yield Deal of the Year by IFLR
- Virgin Media in a US$750 million senior secured notes due 2026
- The lead managers in five offerings of senior secured notes by orphan special purpose vehicles established by UPC Broadband Holding B.V. for an aggregate of approximately €3.0 billion
- PAI Partners SAS in a CHF350 million and US$425 million offering of senior secured notes to finance the acquisition of Swissport International Ltd
- J.P. Morgan, in an offering of £250 million and US$425 million of senior secured notes by Manchester United