Sarah Barr is a member Latham & Watkins' Real Estate Practice.
Ms. Barr serves a range of clients in complex real estate transactions, including representing clients in all aspects of acquisitions, dispositions, development projects, joint ventures, and financings. Ms. Barr represents REITs, private equity firms, operating companies, and other institutional investors, as well as borrowers and lenders in connection with mortgage loans, mezzanine loans, and other real estate financing matters.
Ms. Barr also has extensive experience in a variety of finance transactions, focusing on insolvency, workout, and asset-based financing matters.
As part of her pro bono practice, Ms. Barr frequently appears in court as a guardian ad litem, for which she received the Distinguished Service Award from Chicago Volunteer Legal Services.
Ms. Barr is a member of the firm’s Paralegal Committee.
Ms. Barr's experience includes representing:
- National industrial developer in connection with the formation of a joint venture for the development and subsequent sale of a US$1 billion industrial facility for the National Nuclear Security Administration
- Real estate investor in the redevelopment and financing of an office building into a boutique lifestyle hotel
- Leading real estate investment trust in connection with a joint venture with an investment fund resulting in a company with US$94 million formed for the purpose of acquiring grocery-based retail outlets
- Leading real estate investment trust in connection with the acquisition and financing of numerous hotels
- A publicly traded retailer with over 75 outlets in the US and Canada in connection with its secured loan, real estate collateral, and mortgaging real property
- The debtors in numerous bankruptcy proceedings, including:
- Boston Generating
- Eddie Bauer
- Regent Communications
- Senco Products
- Agent for the prepetition secured lenders and DIP lenders in the bankruptcy proceedings of the world’s largest local-search agency
- General Electric Capital Corporation as agent for the secured lenders in the bankruptcy proceedings of a multi-state pizza parlor chain