Omar is an associate in the Houston office of Latham & Watkins.
Mr. Shariff advises private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies, as well as public and private companies in connection with corporate and transactional matters, including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, corporate reorganizations, and general corporate matters.
He advises clients on a variety of transactions across a broad range of industries, including financial services, healthcare, industrials, oil and gas, renewables, technology, infrastructure, among others.
Mr. Shariff’s experience includes representing:
- An industry leading home healthcare and hospice service provider in connection with the sale of all of its stock*
- A manufacturer of specialty pharmacy fulfillment and packaging equipment in connection with the sale of a majority of its equity interests*
- A movie exhibitor through an organizational restructuring and a subsequent minority sale of its equity interests*
- Blucora, Inc.,
- In its acquisition of 1st Global Inc., a tax-focused wealth management company based in Dallas, for US$180 million*
- In its planned acquisition of HK Financial Services, a CPA-focused, captive registered investment advisor, for US$160 million*
- Capitol Peak Partners, LLC in its joint acquisition with KKR & Co. of substantially all of the assets of Borden Dairy Company*
- Gauge Capital in its acquisition of certain assets in the cosmetic industry*
- The buyer in connection with its purchase of substantially all of the assets of a private golf club located in Reno, Nevada*
- Trive Capital in its purchase of SSW Holding Company, Inc., a leading engineered products manufacturer supplying a broad product portfolio for the residential/commercial appliance, residential/commercial HVAC, and other industrial segments*
*Matter handled prior to joining Latham