Nacif Taousse is an associate in the Restructuring & Special Situations Practice in the New York office of Latham & Watkins.
Mr. Taousse represents debtors and creditors across various industries in both in-court and out-of-court restructurings.
Prior to joining Latham, Mr. Taousse worked in the New York office of another international leading law firm on a broad array of restructuring matters.
Mr. Taousse’s representative experience includes advising:
- PES Holdings, LLC and its affiliates in their chapter 11 cases in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware. Prior to a catastrophic explosion in June 2019, PES owned and operated the largest oil refining complex on the US Eastern seaboard.*
- Windstream Holdings, Inc., and its debtor subsidiaries in their chapter 11 restructuring in the US Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York. Windstream is a leading provider of advanced network communications, technology, broadband, entertainment, and security solutions to consumers and small businesses in 18 states.*
- Mission Coal Company, LLC and its affiliates in their chapter 11 cases in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Alabama. The company was headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee with coal mining operations in West Virginia and Alabama. Mission Coal entered chapter 11 to complete a sale process and, after an auction, received winning bids for three of its metallurgical coal mines.*
- Energy Future Holdings Corp. and its affiliates in their chapter 11 cases in the US Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware. With over US$49 billion in liabilities and US$36 billion in assets, EFH's chapter 11 case is the largest operating chapter 11 case ever filed in Delaware and one of the largest chapter 11 cases filed in history.*
- Charming Charlie, a Houston based specialty retailer focused on fashion jewelry, handbags, apparel, gifts and beauty products, in its chapter 11 restructuring in the US Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware.*
*Matter handled prior to joining Latham