Nabil Sabki is a partner of Latham & Watkins whose practice focuses on the representation of financial service companies, such as registered investment advisers, private equity and hedge fund managers, private investment funds, registered mutual funds and business development companies. He has significant experience forming and representing various private funds and their sponsors, including both domestic and offshore hedge funds.
In addition, Mr. Sabki advises clients in connection with complex financial services related transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and private securities offerings. Mr. Sabki represents numerous registered investment advisers in connection with ongoing regulatory and compliance matters arising under both the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and the Investment Company Act of 1940. He also frequently advises clients with respect to SEC and SRO inspections and inquiries as well as advises companies with respect to investment company status issues under the Investment Company Act of 1940.
Mr. Sabki’s recent transactions include representation of:
- Numerous registered investment advisers, including the registration of more than 40 private equity fund sponsors as investment advisers under the Advisers Act in connection with Dodd-Frank*
- Numerous hedge funds in connection with their organization and ongoing operations, including quant, fixed income, equity and emerging markets funds
- Numerous registered investment advisers in connection with SEC inspections and inquiries, including several multi-billion dollar hedge fund and private equity fund managers
- Institutional and family office LPs in connection with more than 50 investments in hedge funds and hybrid funds*
- Various fund managers and asset management firms in connection with separately managed accounts and single investor vehicles, including for Japanese institutional investors
- Various private equity fund clients in connection with the acquisition and sale of registered investment advisers
- Mutual fund complex in connection with its reorganization into a large unaffiliated mutual fund complex*
- Investment adviser with more than US$20 billion in assets under management in connection with its participation in a national wrap fee program and its selection as a subadvisor to both open- and closed-end mutual funds*
- Investment adviser with more than US$11 billion in assets under management in connection with the launch of a new five series institutional bond mutual fund family*
*Completed while at a previous firm