Marc Hecht is an associate in the Finance Department at Latham & Watkins and is a member of the Restructuring, Insolvency & Workouts Practice.
Mr. Hecht was listed as a finalist for the Young Turnaround Professional Award 2016 by the TMA UK Conference.
Mr. Hecht has experience across a broad range of restructuring matters, with particular emphasis on schemes of arrangement and complex cross-border out-of-court restructurings including sales out of administration. He has worked on matters across a range of sectors including energy, financial services, and technology.
Mr Hecht’s representative experience includes advising:
- Ashkenazy Acquisition Corporation on its acquisition of the Grosvenor House Hotel
- DTEK, Ukraine’s leading privately owned energy company, on its US$2.3 billion bank & bond restructuring including various UK schemes of arrangement, consensual and other liability management transactions
- PrivatBank, one of Ukraine’s largest banks on the restructuring of certain of its notes, which was implemented via a UK scheme of arrangement
- Avangardco, a leading Ukrainian agro industrial company, on the restructuring of its notes issued by its Cypriot subsidiary which was implemented via a UK scheme of arrangement
- A global technology company and subsequently the administrators on the pre-packaged administration of the same company
- Various investment banks and funds on the trading of claims and debt on the secondary market
- A syndicate of lenders and subsequently the joint administrators in connection with a sale out of administration of the majority of the business and assets of a listed company and certain of its subsidiaries*
- A global mobile media marketing company and subsequently the administrators on a cross-border restructuring, pre-sale, and sale of assets out of administration, which was named the “Restructuring Deal of the Year” at the 2014 M&A Advisor International Awards*
*Matter handled prior to joining Latham