Luke Vaz is an associate in the Data & Technology Transactions Practice of Latham & Watkins’ London office. He advises clients on global data privacy, commercial contracts, intellectual property, and technology matters.
Mr. Vaz’s client base covers international clients from a broad range of sectors, including gaming, fashion, private equity, consumer products, commercial contracts, media/telecoms, information technology, transportation, and healthcare and life sciences.
Mr. Vaz trained in the firm’s London office, gaining experience in financial regulation, finance, and employment and pensions, in addition to the Data & Technology Transactions Practice.
Mr Vaz’s experience includes advising:
- A publicly listed China-headquartered technology and internet group on a number of cross-border data privacy compliance queries across the social media, gaming, cloud, television, and advertising space, regarding existing and incoming products
- Organizations on privacy matters throughout the lifecycle of M&A transactions, from conducting due diligence to integration, including advising Facebook on the acquisition of Beat Saber
- A UK-headquartered travel company on its commercial contracts in the reorganisation of its airline tour operators
- An online fashion marketplace on copyright, trademark and intellectual property issues
- A leading global accountancy and consultancy firm on its global privacy impact assessment (PIA) process to minimize privacy and security risks, and achieve compliance with global information laws for new systems and tools
- A UK registered charity, on a pro bono basis, assisting with protection of its intellectual property in the music industry, in particular protecting young artists