Leticia Sitges is an associate in the Environment, Land & Resources Department of Latham & Watkins' Madrid office. She has broad advisory and contentious experience advising large corporations in highly regulated sectors such as environment and energy, among others.
Ms. Sitges has experience advising both domestic and international clients in the following practice areas:
- Environment, including permitting, land, and groundwater contamination issues and waste
- Energy, with a particular focus on nuclear power plants and renewables
- General Public law, related to public procurement and sectors operating under public concession schemes
Ms. Sitges' experience includes advising:
- Solarpack, a Spanish multinational company specialized in the development of photovoltaic systems for solar energy production, in the listing of its ordinary shares on the Bilbao, Madrid, Barcelona, and Valencia Stock exchanges.
- KKR in the sale of its portfolio company Papresa, the first operator of newsprint in southern Europe, to Quantum Capital. The management of waste was one of the main issues arising from this transaction.
- Platinum Equity in its acquisition of Iberconsa, a global provider of frozen seafood products, whose operations were subject to public concessions.
- Triton Partners for the acquisition of Fertiberia, a Spain-based company that manufactures and markets fertilizers and agricultural chemicals. Latham analyzed complex land contaminated issues.
- Bain Capital Private Equity in the acquisition of a majority stake in Fedrigoni, a manufacturer and distributor of paper, cellophane, self-adhesive and related products based in Italy. Latham analyzed all environmental aspects of the transaction.
- IFM Investors in the acquisition of OHL Concesiones (current Aleática), a Spain-based company engaged in the development, operations and management of transport concessions in Spain, Central and South America. The company operated through public concessions schemes that required a deep analysis.
- An industrial multinational company dedicated to the production of batteries in a complex environmental litigation before the Spanish courts in relation potential land contamination issues.
- Gas Natural Fenosa on a high-profile contentious administrative proceeding relating to the assignment of CO2 rights in Spain.
- Apical Group, a leading producer of palm oil based in Indonesia, in the environmental and regulatory aspects for the acquisition of the Spanish company Bio-Oils Energy.
- Globe Specialty Metals in its merger with Grupo FerroAtlántica, including a deep analysis of the mining quarries operated by the Group in Spain.
- Investment funds on the regulatory implications and consequences punitive damages derived from installation of handling of emissions in Volkswagen vehicles.
- A Spanish nuclear and energy company in the negotiation of administrative and operational licenses.