Laurie Bauer is a partner in Latham & Watkins’ Chicago office and a member of the Emerging Companies Practice.
Ms. Bauer regularly advises emerging companies and other closely held companies, venture capital firms, and family offices.
Ms. Bauer’s transactional experience includes:
- Venture financing transactions
- Mergers and acquisitions (M&A)
- Initial public offerings (IPOs) and spin-offs
She also provides public and private companies day-to-day advice on:
- Entity formation and corporate structuring
- Securities law compliance
- Corporate governance matters
- Employment matters
- Equity incentives
Ms. Bauer has previously served as the Recruiting Partner for Latham’s Chicago office and as a member of the firm’s Ethics Committee and Women Enriching Business Committee.
Ms. Bauer has lectured on a variety of topics relating to venture financings including at The University of Michigan Law School, Northwestern Pritzker School of Law, and as part of the WiSTEM program at 1871.