Krupa Parikh is an associate in the Washington, D.C. office of Latham & Watkins and a member of the Intellectual Property Litigation Practice.
Ms. Parikh's practice focuses on patent litigation, particularly for clients in the pharmaceutical, life sciences, and biotechnology industries. She has experience in Hatch-Waxman matters and biosimilar patent disputes under the Biologics Price Competition and Innovation Act (BPCIA). She is also experienced in guiding clients through post-grant proceedings, including inter partes review (IPR) proceedings, before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB).
Ms. Parikh earned her JD from The George Washington University Law School, where she graduated with honors. She holds her BS in Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering from Cornell University, where she served as Editor-in-Chief of the Cornell University Pre-Law Journal.
Prior to joining Latham, Ms. Parikh was an associate at another international law firm where she served as a leader of their diversity committee. She also served as a research associate in the research and development arm of a global drug manufacturer.
- “Timing Considerations When Settling Post-Grant Proceedings: How Late is Too Late?,” NYIPLA’s The Report (2017)
- “The Changing Landscape of Patent Licensing after the Leahy-Smith America Invents Act,” The America Bar Association’s Landslide (2016)
Ms. Parikh’s experience includes representation of:
- Fresenius Kabi USA, LLC v. Shire Orphan Therapies LLC: Fresenius in a Hatch-Waxman case related to peptides for treating hereditary angioedema*
- Celltrion, Inc. v. Genetech, Inc.: Biosimilar applicant Celltrion in multiple IPR proceedings and co-pending BPCIA litigation on patents relating to cancer treatment*
- Coalition for Affordable Drugs VIII LLC v. Aegerion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.: Aegerion in multiple IPR proceedings relating to treatment of homozygous familial hypercholesterolemia*
- IDEXX Labs., Inc. v Charles River Labs., Inc.: Charles River Labs. in a patent infringement case and three co-pending IPR proceedings relating to rodent colony screening*
*Matter handled prior to joining Latham