Kishore Bhindi is an associate in the London office of Latham & Watkins and a member of the Financial Institutions Industry Group.
Mr. Bhindi has experience advising banks, broker-dealers, asset managers, and private banks on a range of financial services regulatory issues, including the scope of licensing requirements, market conduct requirements and restrictions, regulatory change projects, and risk management issues.
His work in risk management covers a diverse range of topics, from senior management responsibility and risk management frameworks, to conflicts of interest, market abuse, client money, fair treatment of customers, and complaint handling.
Mr. Bhindi’s recent highlights have included advising:
- A number of global investment banks and asset managers on the implementation of MiFID II
- A number of global investment banks and asset managers on various aspects of the development of their Brexit contingency plans
- A number of UK headquartered and global banks and asset managers in relation to the implementation of the Senior Managers and Certification Regime
- Various clients on the acquisition and sale of regulated businesses and regulatory change in control proceedings attached to the same
- A global investment bank in relation to the restructuring of local governance arrangements at its UK subsidiary to best meet both regulatory expectations and the commercial dynamics influencing the role of the subsidiary in the global business plans
- A UK headquartered banking group on its obligations in relation to UK ring-fencing obligations
- A Chinese headquartered financial services group in relation to the build-out of its UK operations and trading model