Kim Woggon advises German and international clients on a range of complex financings, including acquisition financings, corporate loans, and direct lending transactions.
Ms. Woggon delivers commercially driven counsel to a variety of private equity sponsors, financial institutions, direct lending funds, and corporate borrowers in connection with cross-border and domestic financings. She regularly handles multifaceted transactions involving a variety of capital structures and debt instruments as part of the firm’s German corporate finance team — an interdisciplinary group combining banking, debt and equity capital markets, and restructuring lawyers to advise clients across all phases of the financing cycle.
Ms. Woggon’s practice includes:
- Private equity acquisition financings
- Unitranche direct lending
- Corporate lending
- Financing advice on restructurings
Ms. Woggon previously served on the firm’s Diversity Leadership Committee.
Ms. Woggon graduated from the Initiative Women into Leadership program in 2018, a highly selective, national cross-mentoring program that cultivates future women leaders across all professions.
Ms. Woggon’s experience includes advising:
Private Equity-Driven Transactions
- 3i Group on the refinancing of Schlemmer Group
- Apera Asset Management on the financing of Oakley Capital Limited’s acquisition of 7NXT GmbH
- Hayfin Capital Management on the financing of Argand's acquisition of Cherry GmbH
- Ares, ING, and Rabobank on the unitranche/super senior financing of Kharis Capital’s acquisition of Nordsee Holding
- Bank consortium on the financing of Capvis’ acquisition of the Amann Girrbach Group
- Bank consortium on the financing of IK Investment Partners’ acquisition of the ZytoService Group
- Bregal Unternehmerkapital GmbH on the financings of its acquisitions of:
- STP Informationstechnologie AG
- A majority stake in NRW Building Technology Holding
- SHD AG
- Chequers Capital on the Deutsche Fachpflege refinancing
- EMH Partners on the financing of its acquisition of Avantgarde
- Ergon Capital Partners on the refinancing of Sausalitos Group
- Quadriga on the financings of its acquisitions of VESCON Group and Schiller Group
- Triton on the financing of its acquisitions of:
- Voith Industrial Services
- Various clients on German public-to-private (P2P) transactions, including those of Stada and Osram
- Bank consortium on the KAEFER Group’s refinancing (loan - bond)
- Bank consortium on amendments to the existing facility for WIGA’s gas pipeline investment
- Bank consortium on a €2.5 billion syndicated revolving credit facility for Covestro AG with ESG element
- Cheplapharm on its upsize