Kelly Thomason Self is counsel in the Chicago office of Latham & Watkins and a member of the Finance Department, the Project Development & Finance Practice and the Cleantech Industry Group. Ms. Thomason Self represents both lender and developer clients in connection with the development, construction, operation and financing of energy and infrastructure projects, including geothermal, solar, wind, natural gas, pipeline and water projects.
She also represents clients in the structuring and negotiation of joint venture investments and other development relationships.
Ms. Thomason Self’s selected experience includes representation of the following:
- Lenders in a portfolio project financing for seven gas-fired power generation assets located across the United States
- Lenders in construction financing for New Covert Generating company, an indirect subsidiary of various funds owned and/or managed by Tenaska Power and its affiliates
- The sponsor in connection with the negotiation of contracts for the development of the 155 MW first phase of the Energía Sierra Juárez wind farm in Mexico
- Lenders in the financing for the development and operation of the Centinela Solar Energy Project, a 170-MW photovoltaic solar farm in Imperial County, California
- The sponsor in connection with the structuring and negotiation of power purchase agreements for a portfolio of geothermal power plants located in the Imperial Valley, California
- Lenders in the bank and bond project financing in connection with the development, construction and operation of a 550-MW solar photovoltaic generating facility located in San Luis California
- The sponsor in connection with a senior secured note offering in connection with a geothermal power facility in Nevada; the first renewable project to obtain and close a DOE loan guarantee under the FIPP program
- Author, “Financing the Nuclear Renaissance: The Benefits and Potential Pitfalls of Federal & State Government Subsidies and the Future of Nuclear Power in California,” 30 Energy Law Journal 497, 2009