Katie Henshall advises clients in the entertainment, sports, and media sector on corporate and financing transactions. Her work ranges from acting on mergers and acquisitions, advising on commercial and regulatory work within the sector, and advising a wide variety of sports governing bodies, broadcasters, and investors on their commercial transactions.
Ms. Henshall’s practice also includes film, television, and other content distribution deals including licensing arrangements and media rights and sponsorship arrangements.
Prior to qualification, Ms. Henshall undertook a secondment to the firm’s Hong Kong office.
Ms. Henshall's experience includes advising:
- TeamViewer on its official partnership with the Mercedes-AMG Petronas Formula One Team and Mercedes-EQ Formula E Team
- TeamViewer on its five-year agreement to become Manchester United's new principal shirt sponsor
- Silver Lake Partners on their minority investment into the Ambassador Theatre Group which is currently owned by Providence Equity Partners; Ambassador Theatre Group operates one of the largest live entertainment companies in the world
- Companies on commercial production contracts and media rights agreements in the context of M&A and strategic joint venture arrangements
- Production companies and digital media service providers on media regulatory matters
- Bidding nations on the bidding for, hosting, and the exploitation of major international sporting events, including the AFC Asian Cup
- Sports bodies and broadcasters in respect of premium sports media rights and sports sponsorship arrangements