Dr. Jonas Menne is an associate in the Litigation & Trial Department of Latham & Watkins' Frankfurt office. Mr. Menne advises on white collar and regulatory investigations including white collar crime, compliance, and internal investigations. He also advises on civil law disputes and arbitration proceedings.
During the period of research for his doctoral thesis, Mr. Menne worked as a research assistant at Freie Universität Berlin and in the Berlin office of an international law firm.
Prior to joining Latham, Mr. Menne was a legal trainee at the German Federal Ministry of Justice. He also gained experience working in a Berlin law firm specialized in white collar defense and in the Frankfurt office of a leading international law firm.
Mr. Menne’s experience includes advising/representing:
- Daimler AG in favorably settled ad hoc arbitration proceedings against the Federal Republic of Germany in connection with the introduction of a truck toll in Germany (Toll Collect) with an amount in dispute in excess of €10 billion (largest-ever reported arbitration seated in Germany)
- A German DAX-listed company on a criminal investigation against employees of a subsidiary
- A German pharmaceutical company in an internal investigation of criminal allegations against former board members
- Several US companies on medical criminal law issues
- An Austrian construction company in an internal investigation of antitrust and criminal charges
- A US consulting firm regarding Legal Privilege under German law
- Various US companies in setting up compliance programs or on compliance issues