Jennifer Yoo counsels clients operating in the healthcare industry on regulatory and transactional matters, focusing on mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, affiliations, securities offerings, financings, and various transactional matters involving health facilities, physician organizations, and other healthcare providers and suppliers.
Ms. Yoo counsels clients on a wide range of healthcare regulatory and transactional matters, including:
- Fraud and Abuse counseling and compliance
- Facility, provider, and HMO licensing and other healthcare regulatory compliance
- Government program reimbursement compliance
- Integrated delivery systems and other healthcare providers
- Digital Health and telehealth laws and regulations
Her clients include both nonprofit and investor-owned health systems and hospitals, managed care entities and other risk-bearing organizations, physician practices, practice management companies, provider organizations, and other types of healthcare providers and suppliers.
Ms. Yoo is a member of the American Health Lawyers Association and the American Bar Association Health Law Section.
Ms. Yoo primarily handles transactional and regulatory matters for healthcare industry clients. Ms. Yoo also advises on the assessment of regulatory compliance risks for financial interests such as underwriters, venture capital groups, and private equity firms investing in healthcare companies, and has experience in a wide variety of healthcare provider transactions, including:
- Vertical integration and structuring in compliance with scope of practice laws, corporate practice of medicine prohibition and fee-splitting laws, and telehealth and digital health laws
- Structuring strategic, contractual, and joint venture arrangements to comply with federal and state healthcare regulatory requirements
- Mergers, acquisitions, and affiliations involving health facilities, medical foundations, physician organizations, including both providers and practice management companies
- Formation of care management organizations, e.g., ACOs, CINs, IPAs, and other value-based networks
Ms. Yoo's experience includes representing:
- Oscar Health Plan, a tech-enabled medical insurance provider, in its IPO offering, securing a US$9.5 billion valuation
- Eleusis, a leading medical psychedelics company, in its acquisition of Kalypso Wellness Centers, a leading provider of ketamine infusion therapies in the US
- Talkspace, a leading online therapy company, in its US$1.4 billion SPAC transaction with Hudson Executive Investment
- Headspace, a global leader in mindfulness and meditation, in its merger with Ginger, a leader in on-demand mental healthcare
Ms. Yoo also has experience in providing litigation support for healthcare related matters, such as white collar, government investigations, internal investigations, compliance audits, and voluntary disclosures.