Jen Garlock is an associate in the Los Angeles office of Latham & Watkins and a member of the firm’s Environment, Land & Resources Department.
Ms. Garlock advises clients on regulatory, energy, and climate policy matters, as well as the environmental aspects of commercial transactions.
She represents clients in connection with:
- Air quality regulations at the local and state levels in California
- Environmental diligence related to acquisition of real property and companies engaged in manufacturing and sales
- California’s Low Carbon Fuel Standard program
- Regulation by the California Public Utilities Commission
Ms. Garlock received her JD from UCLA School of Law, where she was named a Michael T. Masin Scholar and elected to the Order of the Coif. While in law school, Ms. Garlock served as a managing editor of the UCLA Journal of Environmental Law and Policy, and worked as a law clerk at the California Air Resources Board and the Natural Resources Section of California’s Office of the Attorney General.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Garlock worked as an environmental consultant focusing on air quality permitting, air dispersion modeling, and regulatory compliance. Her project work related to a variety of industries, including manufacturing, power, and oil and gas clients.
Ms. Garlock’s experience includes advising:
- Lineage Logistics in connection with forthcoming regulations from the South Coast Air Quality Management District and California Air Resources Board
- A SPAC on risk associated with acquisition of an aftermarket vehicle parts distributor and compliance with the Clean Air Act
- A development project in California seeking to mitigate air and greenhouse gas emissions
- Transom Capital Group in its acquisition of Scantron Corporation, and post-acquisition air permitting and enforcement actions
- SoCalGas in connection with permitting of new and modified equipment in Southern California