Jane Bentham is an associate in the London office of Latham & Watkins and a member of the firm's Data & Technology Transactions Practice. Ms. Bentham primarily handles data privacy and cybersecurity matters, including advising clients on compliance with global information laws.
Ms. Bentham has significant experience advising clients — across all industry sectors — on European data privacy laws, including the European Union (EU) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the UK Data Protection Bill, and the e-Privacy Directive and new e-Privacy Regulation. She advises clients on complex data transfer solutions, including Model Clauses, the Privacy Shield, and Binding Corporate Rules (BCRs). Ms. Bentham also has experience advising on data privacy issues related to marketing, advertising, and cookies.
Ms. Bentham’s experience includes advising:
- A marketing technology company in the ad tech sphere on its GDPR compliance project, including privacy notices, cookies compliance, and transfer solutions
- A social network in the health sphere on its GDPR compliance project, including website consents and notices
- A global software company on its GDPR compliance project, including B2B marketing rules, customer notice, and transfer solutions including the Privacy Shield
- A multinational private equity firm on its GDPR compliance project, including record of processing, transfer solutions, vendor procurement, and processing agreements
- A medical diagnostics company on its GDPR compliance project, including privacy governance structure, HR data compliance, and vendor and procurement arrangements