Jane Bentham is an associate in the London office of Latham & Watkins and a member of the Data & Technology Transactions Practice.
Ms. Bentham advises global clients across all market sectors on EU and UK data privacy and cybersecurity laws. She primarily handles large-scale, global GDPR compliance projects, and advises clients on their use and exploitation of new technology and data in industry areas including social media, A.I. / machine learning, online advertising and adtech, big data, digital payments, gaming and biotech/ digital health.
Ms. Bentham advises on:
- Complex data transfer solutions (including transfers in light of the Schrems II ruling)
- Strategic management of security incidents and data breach notification procedures
- Sensitive data subject rights requests (including in contentious work)
- Advertising and marketing practices and strategies
- Product counselling
- Use of sensitive data and children’s data
- Consumer law and general commercial contract issues
She also has substantial experience providing data privacy and commercial strategic advice in M&A transactions.
Ms. Bentham’s experience includes advising:
- An online mental health counselling provider on its GDPR compliance program
- An information security company on the development and global roll-out of new numerous cybersecurity products product
- A medical device company on the development and roll out of a cloud based smart storage solution for medical professionals
- A marketing technology company in the ad tech sphere on its GDPR compliance project, including privacy notices, cookies compliance, and transfer solutions
- A social network in the health arena on its GDPR compliance program, including individual rights
- An biotech company on its GDPR compliance project, including, privacy governance structure, HR data, customer notices, and contracting and procurement arrangements
- A software company on its GDPR compliance project, including B2B marketing rules, customer notice, and transfer solutions including Privacy Shield
- A multinational private equity firm on its GDPR compliance program, including record of processing and transfer solutions
- A group of tech businesses in the defense, security, aerospace, and transport industries on its GDPR compliance project*
- A UK energy supplier on its GDPR compliance project*
- A media, talent, and events company on its GDPR compliance program*
*Matter handled prior to joining Latham