James Fawcett is an associate in the London office of Latham & Watkins, and is a member of the firm’s Finance Department.
Mr. Fawcett's experience includes advising financial institutions, sponsors, and corporate borrowers on domestic and cross-border financings and refinancings. Prior to qualification, Mr. Fawcett trained in the firm’s London and New York offices.
Mr. Fawcett’s representative experience includes advising:
- A consortium, led by Astorg and Cinven, on the financing for their acquisition of LGC, a global leader in the life sciences tools sector
- Goldman Sachs on the financing of PIA’s acquisition of Aston Lark, a UK-based provider of insurance brokerage services
- UniCredit Bank on the financing in connection with Permira’s acquisition of Universidad Europea
- Walnut Bidco plc on the bank and bond financing for the public-to-private acquisition of Oriflame, a leading beauty company based in more than 60 countries, by members of the af Jochnick family
- Onex Partners on the financing of its acquisition of KidsFoundation Holdings, a Netherlands-based childcare provider
- Deutsche Bank on the financing of Advent International's acquisition of Circet Groupe, a telecommunications provider
- Goldman Sachs and HSBC on the refinancing and recapitalization of ASK Chemicals Group, a manufacturer and supplier of foundry consumables
- ABN Amro, Goldman Sachs, and ING Bank on the bank/bond facility to refinance existing indebtedness of the Maxeda Group, a Dutch operator of do it yourself stores
- Baring Private Equity Asia in its US$4.3 billion take-private acquisition of Nord Anglia Education, Inc.
- The Initial Purchasers and Mandated Lead Arrangers in the offering of £215 million Senior Secured Notes and £35 million Second Lien Notes and the entry into a £45 million Revolving Facility Agreement by the Voyage Healthcare Group
- The Initial Purchasers and Mandated Lead Arrangers in the offering of US$400 million and £230 million Senior Secured Notes and the entry into a £80 million Revolving Facility Agreement by the Aston Martin Group
- R&R Ice Cream plc, an ice cream and frozen confectionery worldwide producer, on the term loans and revolving credit facility to refinance existing debt on the creation of the Froneri joint venture
- Nord Anglia Education on the term loan and revolving credit facility in connection with Nord Anglia Education Finance LLC's acquisition of a portfolio of six schools from Meritas, and its 2014 IPO refinancing
- Goldman Sachs and ING Bank on the amendment to a term loan, revolving credit, and acquisition facilities for Terreal SAS, a clay building materials manufacturer, to refinance existing debt