James Fagan is an associate in the London office of Latham & Watkins and a member of the firm’s Litigation & Trial Department. He has a broad practice within commercial litigation and arbitration.
Mr. Fagan qualified as a solicitor at Latham & Watkins in September 2016, having trained with the firm in the Derivatives, Banking and Litigation & Trial Departments in the London office and the Litigation & Trial Department in the Hong Kong office.
Mr Fagan’s representative experience includes advising on:
- An appeal to the UK Supreme Court on the proper interpretation of the Recognition of Trusts Act 1987
- An English law SIAC arbitration concerning a failure to ship iron ore involving issues regarding contractual variations, waivers, and termination
- A construction dispute concerning a solar power project in the Philippines involving issues of liquidated damages, indirect loss and litigation strategy
- A dispute regarding ownership of a Swiss domiciled, artwork dealing joint venture
- Discrete issues arising in various matters including: a Russian loan note arbitration; South American sovereign bond litigation; UK convertible bond litigation; and a Nordic territory dispute concerning financial payment infrastructure