George Schurr is an associate in the Litigation & Trial Department of Latham & Watkins' London office, and a member of the Complex Commercial Litigation Practice.
Mr. Schurr completed his training at Latham, and qualified into the Litigation & Trial Department in September 2017. Mr. Schurr trained in the Public International Law and Complex Commercial Litigation practices, having also completed training in the Banking and Investment Funds practices.
Mr. Schurr’s representative experience includes acting for and advising:
- A security agent defending a multimillion-pound High Court claim for rectification of security documentation in the context of notes issuances worth in excess of £500 million
- A major European investment bank in High Court proceedings to enforce the terms of an English law credit facility agreement
- The Respondent State in a multibillion US dollar SCC arbitration claim related to allegations of unlawful State interference with an alleged investment in the energy sector, in breach of the Energy Charter Treat
- A Saudi Arabian bank in relation to a claim for in excess of US$300 million brought by liquidators of a Cayman Islands company in the English High Court arising from the Al-Sanea / Al-Gosaibi dispute
- A major European provider of technical services to the airline industry in relation to threatened arbitration under a long-term service and repair contract