Garrett Jansma is an associate in the Environment, Land and Resources Department. Mr. Jansma's practice focuses on environmental law, and extends to federal and state court litigation involving toxic torts, the Clean Water Act, RCRA and California’s Proposition 65, as well as regulatory permitting, rulemaking, and enforcement proceedings before the California Water Boards, the California Air Resources Control Board and CalRecycle.
Mr. Jansma is also committed to providing pro bono legal assistance to individuals and non-profit corporations. He has handled a number of cases in conjunction with local referral agencies, such as the Orange County Public Law Center.
Mr. Jansma is admitted to practice in the federal court in the Central District of California. He is a member of the American Bar Association and the Orange County Bar Association.
Mr. Jansma's experience includes:
- Defending of multi-plaintiff actions for alleged exposure to hazardous substances from airborne emissions or soil and groundwater contamination
- Defending toxic tort claims related to alleged exposure to chemicals
- Defending a Fortune 100 company against citizen suit claims under the Clean Water Act, RCRA, and Proposition 65
- Obtaining NPDES permits for large desalination facilities in southern California following contested proceedings before various Regional Water Quality Control Boards
- Litigating alleged Clean Water Act violations under California's General Industrial Storm Water Permit