Elizabeth Purcell is an associate in the Corporate Department of the London office of Latham & Watkins. Her practice spans a broad range of commercial law matters, with a focus on technology and intellectual property transactions.
Ms. Purcell has worked in the firm’s London, Silicon Valley and Dubai offices with clients across a diverse range of industries, primarily information technology, digital media, e-commerce, financial services and retail. Ms. Purcell advises clients on commercial issues including:
- Licensing and commercialization arrangements, including technology transfer
- Outsourcing and technology procurement
- Business separations, transitional services arrangements and brand strategy
- IT arrangements for software, hardware and services, as well as website compliance
- Data management issues, including global compliance programmes, cross-border data flows, and implementation strategies
- Confidential information governance
- Cyber resilience and responses to cyber breaches
- FinTech products and related payments arrangements
- Diligence on commercial and contracting arrangements and intellectual property portfolios
- Intellectual property aspects of finance and security arrangements
Prior to training at Latham & Watkins, Ms. Purcell spent time at the European Patent Office in Munich where she worked with lawyers from the legal directorates.
Ms. Purcell is actively involved in Latham & Watkins’ pro bono programme and has advised non-profit clients on a variety of commercial arrangements.
Ms. Purcell's representative experience includes:
- A global retail and investment bank on the multi-billion Euro global outsourcing of its investment banking IT infrastructure and data centre services
- An engineering consultancy on its acquisition of a leading provider of international analytics and data science consulting services
- A portfolio company of a private equity fund on transitional supply, distribution and services arrangements following a sale of part of the business
- A leading private equity firm on the acquisition of a stake in a major African payments business
- A global professional services firm on its data compliance framework and privacy impact procedure
- A global private equity firm on the purchase of a cosmetics business, including supply chain diligence and brand protection
- A global pharmaceutical group on its acquisition of a company specializing in the development, licensing and marketing of generic medicines and proprietary brands
- A drug discovery and development company on day-to-day matters, including clinical services and research agreements
- A global investment bank on day-to-day procurement and services arrangements