Elizabeth Gettinger is an associate in the San Francisco office of Latham & Watkins and a member of the firm’s Antitrust & Competition Practice and Litigation & Trial Department.
Ms. Gettinger’s practice focuses on civil antitrust litigation, cartel matters, and complex commercial disputes. She has represented US and international companies across various industries, including technology, sports, communications, and consumer products.
While in law school, Ms. Gettinger was a member of the Harvard Civil Rights-Civil Liberties Law Review and served on the Board of Student Advisors.
Ms. Gettinger’s experience includes representing:
- Toshiba and its joint ventures in connection with a multidistrict class action alleging price-fixing in the optical disk drive industry; defeated indirect purchaser class and multiple direct action plaintiffs on summary judgment
- StarKist Co. and its parent company in ongoing multidistrict litigation brought by several putative classes and opt-out plaintiffs alleging an international conspiracy to fix prices for packaged seafood products
- An energy company in class actions alleging monopolization and manipulation of natural gas and electricity markets; obtained dismissal of federal and state antitrust claims and claims under state consumer protection laws
- CooperVision, Inc. in litigation alleging a conspiracy among contact lens manufacturers and a leading distributor to implement unilateral pricing policies
- An Internet Service Provider in defense of claims of consumer fraud and deceptive business practices brought by the New York Attorney General