Denis Griffin is an associate in the San Diego office of Latham & Watkins and a member of the Corporate Department, representing both public and private companies in a range of transactional matters.
His practice focuses on:
- General corporate matters
- Debt and equity offerings
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Transactional insurance
- Securities law and corporate governance
- Exchange Act Filings
- International transactions
Mr. Griffin’s experience includes representing:
- A wholly owned US subsidiary of a Japanese electronics company in its US$470 million take private acquisition of a US-based semiconductor manufacturer*
- A leading private equity firm in the travel and leisure industries in forming new investment funds totaling over US$370 million and US$2.6 billion in capital commitments*
- A leading private equity firm with a focus in investments in technology and telecommunications in its US$860 million take private acquisition of a supplier of networking products and services*
- A leading producer and distributor of branded food products in its US$580 million asset purchase of a well-known salad dressing brand*
- A private company provider of data communications and network solutions in the sale of its payment gateway services business to a public buyer*
*Matter handled prior to joining Latham.
While attending law school, Mr. Griffin worked as a legal intern with Universal Studios’ Consumer Products Group, which is responsible for the licensing of Universal’s vast library of intellectual property across a broad spectrum of product media. Mr. Griffin also served as a research assistant for Prof. Hiroshi Motomura’s 2014 book, Immigration Outside the Law.