Danni Davies is a member of Latham & Watkins’ Real Estate Practice.
Danni represents hotel owners and operators, private equity firms, asset managers, real estate companies, lenders, and borrowers on all aspects of commercial real estate, including real estate focused private equity and M&A transactions, joint ventures, sale-leaseback transactions, high value landlord-tenant work, hotel and resort management, sales, acquisitions, and financing.
Prior to joining Latham, Danni worked in a Tier 1 real estate practice at an international law firm headquartered in London.
Danni’s representative transactions include advising:
- A US real estate investor on the sale of the Grosvenor House Hotel, London
- Cohen Media Group on the acquisition of Curzon Cinemas, the UK’s pre-eminent specialized cinema operator
- Wagamama, Duke Street, Hutton Collins, and the other selling shareholders on the real estate aspects of the sale to The Restaurant Group plc of Wagamama
- A private equity firm on a c. £900 million bid for a European gym chain with a mixture of owned and leased real estate and development sites
- A global entertainment company on the acquisition of a portfolio of high profile real estate assets, including retail, leisure, warehousing, and theatre
- CDPQ on the real estate aspects of its investment in FNZ, a global fintech company, valued at £1.65 billion
- BC Partners on the real estate aspects of Merck’s €3.25 billion acquisition of Antelliq Group, including a significant property portfolio
- Hancock on its investment into the Sirius Minerals Potash Project, a major underground polyhalite mine in North Yorkshire, UK
- BAWAG P.S.K. on real estate financing matters, including loan on loan transactions relating to high end residential, hotel, and student accommodation developments
- Bay Grove Capital and its portfolio company Lineage Logistics on the acquisition and financing of a portfolio of UK cold storage sites
- Private investors on the development, financing, and management of a new Hilton Curio hotel in Stratford, London*
- PPHE Hotel Group on the sale to a CBRE Global Investors fund for £161.5 million and 199 year leaseback of the Park Plaza London Waterloo hotel*
- China Life and Brookfield on the £346 million acquisition of the Aldgate Tower, City of London*
- Aviva Investors on the creation of a £1 billion joint venture with PSP Investments comprising 14 Central London office, retail, and development properties*
- Aviva Investors on the letting of office and retail units at Fitzroy Place, London, including the UK HQ of Estee Lauder, and the sale of Kaupthing’s interest in Fitzroy Place to Ashby Capital for £217.1 million*
- Hermes Real Estate and Canada Pension Plan Investment Board on the £131 million sale of 100 New Oxford Street to Tishman Speyer, and Tishman Speyer on the subsequent letting of all vacant units in the building*
*Matter handled prior to joining Latham