Claire Keast-Butler is a partner in the London office of Latham & Watkins. Ms. Keast-Butler specializes in equity capital markets transactions, representing issuers, investment banks, and investors on initial public offerings and secondary offerings, and representing investors on PIPE transactions.
Ms. Keast-Butler regularly advises listed companies on corporate and securities law matters, and corporate governance. She also has considerable experience in public and private mergers and acquisitions transactions, and general corporate matters.
She is Co-Chair of the firm’s Women Enriching Business (WEB) Committee, whose mission is to promote women through trailblazing initiatives focused on women’s professional development, mentoring, and networking.
Ms. Keast-Butler's representative transactions include advising:
- Wizz Air Holdings Plc on its initial public offering and premium listing, with a fully diluted equity value of £1.45 billion, and subsequent matters (including three class one transactions)
- FFI Holdings Plc, a company operating in the entertainment industry, on its £235 million initial public offering on AIM, a market operated by the London Stock Exchange
- RPC Group Plc on its £552 million rights issue (2017), £261 million acquisition of British Polythene Industries PLC and on the associated placing of new shares to raise £90 million (2016), and £200 million rights issue and class 1 acquisition of Promens Group AS (2014)
- On the US$3.4 billion dual listing of LivaNova PLC on the London Stock Exchange and NASDAQ on closing of the merger of Cyberonics Inc. and Sorin S.p.A.
- J.P. Morgan Cazenove, Investec, and RBC Capital Markets on a £53 million placing (2018), and J.P. Morgan Cazenove and Credit Suisse on a £200 million rights issue (2015) by Entertainment One
- The underwriters and the UK sponsor on a US$407 million rights issue (2015) and a US$800 million rights issue (2012) by Lonmin plc
- AIM listed Verona Pharma plc on its ADR offering and Nasdaq listing
- UBS, Barclays, and Credit Suisse as bookrunners on the US$320 million placing by Nomad Foods Limited
- Jefferies as sponsor and underwriter to premium-listed Severfield-Rowen plc in connection with a £47.9 million rights issue
- Jefferies and Investec in connection with the £200 million Class 1 acquisition by premium-listed Keller Group plc of North American Piling and the related placing of ordinary shares
- Vedanta Resources plc on its US$8.7 billion acquisition of a majority stake in Cairn India Limited, which constituted a reverse takeover and required the readmission of Vedanta’s shares to a premium listing
- The underwriters, led by Credit Suisse and Jefferies, on the initial public offering and NYSE listing of Luxfer Holdings PLC
- Jefferies as the provider of a fairness opinion in respect of the exchange offer and premium listing of Coca-Cola HBC AG
- Qatar Holding LLC on its investment in European Goldfields Limited (listed on the TSX and quoted on AIM)
- ABN AMRO (formerly Fortis Bank Netherlands) on the sale of its “Prime Fund Solutions” global fund administration and custody business to Credit Suisse