Charlotte Yeung is an associate in the Hong Kong office of Latham & Watkins and a member of the Litigation & Trial Department.
Ms. Yeung's broad civil and commercial practice covers general commercial and contractual disputes, anti-corruption compliance and investigations, anti-competition and regulatory advice, cross-border and complex commercial cases, and arbitration. She advises multinational corporations and banks, listed companies, and shareholders on a wide variety of matters.
Ms. Yeung’s recent matters include representing:
- A world-leading investment bank in conducting due diligence compliance and anti-corruption investigation as part of their know-your-customer analysis
- A Southeast Asian healthcare provider in relation to an international investigation concerning the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- A Singapore-based company in its pre-listing internal audit with a special focus on commercial and accounting risk issues
- A multinational corporation in relation to an investigation concerning breaches of US trade and sanction laws
- A multinational private equity firm in conducting due diligence compliance and anti-corruption investigation on the acquisition of a foreign entity
- A US-based information technology company in litigation over allegations of bid-rigging brought forward by the Hong Kong Competition Commission (ongoing)
- A Japanese component manufacturer in putative class actions brought by direct and indirect purchasers alleging that resistor manufacturers engaged in a conspiracy to set prices
- A Chinese manufacturer as claimant in a UNCITRAL arbitration seated in Hong Kong regarding an OEM agreement between the Chinese manufacturer and a Japanese company; the Chinese manufacturer was alleged to have improperly used intellectual property and reverse engineering of products supplied by the Japanese company
- A US-based education products and services provider as claimant in relation to an investment dispute in Shanghai, China administered by the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (ongoing)