Brett Urig is an associate in the Orange County office.
Mr. Urig’s practice focuses on corporate representation, with an emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, and corporate governance.
Mr. Urig represents private and public companies in the life sciences, technology, and entertainment, sports, and media industries with respect to corporate transactions, corporate governance matters, and disclosure and compliance obligations under federal securities laws.
While in law school, Mr. Urig was a member of the Editorial Board for the Virginia Sports & Entertainment Law Journal, as well as a participant in the Criminal Defense Clinic. Prior to law school, he worked as a legislative analyst for a public-policy organization.
In addition to representing life sciences, technology, and entertainment, sports and media companies on an ongoing basis, Mr. Urig’s representative transactions include advising the following companies:
Mergers & Acquisitions
Private technology company in its sale of a majority stake to a private equity firm
- Private technology company in its sale of a minority stake to a private equity firm
- Publicly traded biopharmaceutical company in its US$5.6 billion sale to a generic specialty pharmaceutical company
- Publicly traded medical device company in its US$1.7 billion sale to a global healthcare company
- Private sports company in its sale to a private equity firm
- Private entertainment and media company in its sale to a private equity firm
- Publicly traded biopharmaceutical company in its consideration of an unsolicited takeover attempt
- Private medical device company in its US$300 million sale to a global healthcare company
The underwriters in the IPO of common stock of a food technology company
- The underwriters in a US$4 billion offering of investment-grade notes by a biopharmaceutical company
- The underwriters in the IPO of common stock of a biopharmaceutical company
- Public REIT in its offering of US$143 million offering of convertible senior notes