Anuj Ghai is a litigation and trial associate in the London office of Latham & Watkins.
Mr. Ghai represents international companies before the European Commission and the UK's Competition and Markets Authority in a wide range of competition law matters, in particular merger control, antitrust litigation, and antitrust compliance. He has extensive experience assisting clients in obtaining UK and EU merger clearance for their transactions. He has also advised clients on behavioral aspects and represented clients in antitrust litigation.
His experience covers several industry sectors including aviation, insurance, life science, packaging, and retail.
Prior to joining Latham as an associate, Mr. Ghai was an intern in the firm’s Corporate and Finance Departments as well as in its competition team.
A selection of his representations includes assisting:
- Electro Rent Corporation in relation to the UK merger filing for its acquisition of Microlease Inc. and the subsequent appeal to the Competition Appeal Tribunal
- The sellers on the disposal of Method and Ecover global consumer products businesses to US private company SC Johnson
- The Carlyle Group on its joint acquisition with GTCR LLC of Albany Molecular Research, Inc.
- CooperVision in its acquisition of Sauflon Pharmaceuticals
- Werner in its acquisition of Youngman Group
- RPC Group Plc on its acquisition of British Polythene Industries, a UK-based manufacturer of polyethylene film products, sacks, and bags
- A major airline in civil claims in the English High Court for damages in the global Air Cargo cartel
- A major insurance company in relation to its global competition compliance and training program