Alistair McKechnie is an associate in the London office of Latham & Watkins and a member of the firm’s Finance Department. Prior to joining Latham, Alistair trained and qualified with one of Scotland’s leading law firms where he gained a range of experience representing some of the UK’s largest financial institutions in connection with banking transactions, refinancings and property finance transactions.
Mr. 's representative matters include advising:
- EQT in connection with its €845 million financing for the acquisition of the Bureau Van Dijk group
- JPMorgan, Samba Financial Group and Saudi British Bank in connection with the SAR3.2 billion murabaha bridge financing for The National Shipping Company of Saudi Arabia used to fund a merger with Vela International Marine Limited. The merger was the largest ever private sector corporate merger in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, with an overall value of US$1.3 billion
- Nord Anglia Education in respect of its initial public offering and separately in relation to the financing of the acquisition of the British International Schools Group in Vietnam
- Barclays Bank plc and Credit Suisse in relation to the financing of the separate acquisitions of MacDermid Group plc, Arysta Lifescience Group, OM Group and Alent plc group by Platform Speciality Products Corporation
- Goldman Sachs Bank USA, Royal Bank of Canada and HSBC Securities USA in relation to the first and second lien refinancing of the leading global maritime service provider