Alexandra Hagelüken, Vice Chair of the firm’s Global Finance Department, advises creditors and borrowers on complex national and cross-border financings, drawing on more than two decades of experience with German and English law transactions.
Ms. Hagelüken regularly advises on:
- Acquisition financing transactions
- Infrastructure financings
- Financial restructurings
- General corporate lending
She excels at establishing long-term relationships with clients who value her pragmatic and unflappable approach. With a keen knowledge of both the products and the players in the German market, she has become a trusted advisor for clients pursuing landmark and innovative deals.
Ms. Hagelüken has earned widespread recognition for her practice work. Handelsblatt Best Lawyers named her Lawyer of the year for Banking & Finance 2019. She is ranked Band 1 by Chambers Europe Germany 2021, and has been recognized by IFLR1000 2021, JUVE 2020/2021, Who's Who Legal Germany 2021, and The Legal 500 Deutschland 2021.
Ms. Hagelüken’s representative expertise includes advising:
- Bank consortium on the financing of the public takeover of Stada AG, the largest private equity transaction in Germany with an overall value of €5.4 billion
- Bank consortium on the financing of the acquisition of CeramTec GmbH by BC Partners
- Bank consortium on the financing of all shares in Thermamax Group by Capvis
- Bank consortium on the financing of the acquisition of PlusServer GmbH by BC Partners
- Bank consortium on the financing of Henkel
- Bank consortium on the refinancing of KAEFER Group (loan - bond)
- Cheplapharm on its refinancing
- Kaffee Partner Holding on its refinancing
- Kongsberg on its refinancing (bonds and super senior revolving facility)
- Triton on the financing of the acquisition of cathode, furnace linings, and carbon electrodes (CFL/CE) business of SGL Carbon, the first covenant-lite unitranche transaction in the German market