Alex Kelly has a broad-based mergers and acquisitions practice, encompassing acquisitions, dispositions, carve-outs, joint ventures, controlling and minority investments, and general corporate matters.
She represents numerous private equity firms, financial institutions, and public and private companies across a wide range of industry sectors, including financial services/asset management, technology, infrastructure, healthcare, and entertainment.
Ms. Kelly has been recognized as one of the Top Women in Dealmaking by The Deal, a Next Generation Partner by The Legal 500 US, an Up and Coming Lawyer by Chambers USA, a Rising Star in the field of private equity by Law360, and an Emerging Leader by the M&A Advisor.
Ms. Kelly previously served on the firm’s Associates Committee.
Ms. Kelly's experience includes representing:
Asset Manager / Strategic Company
- DXC Technology in the sale of its state and local health and human services business, proposed sale of its healthcare software business and acquisition of Molina Medicaid Solutions
- PIMCO, a global asset manager, in the acquisitions of Allianz Real Estate, a real estate asset manager, and Gurtin Municipal Bond Management, a fixed-income asset manager
- Azimut Group, a global asset manager, in the acquisition of Sanctuary Wealth, an asset manager that serves as a platform for breakaway financial advisors
- Onex, a global asset manager, in the acquisition of Falcon Investment Advisors, a private equity asset manager
- Endeavor Operating Company in the acquisition of On Location Experiences, a hospitality company and its partnership with the NFL
- CHG Healthcare in the acquisitions of Modio Health and LocumsMart, each providers of technology solutions for the healthcare industry
- Bank of America in the carve-out and sale of its fixed income index platform to Intercontinental Exchange, Inc.
- Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, and Morgan Stanley in forming a fin-tech joint venture with SmartStream Technologies
- Credit Suisse in forming a fin-tech joint venture with Palantir Technologies
- Applause, Inc., a global leader of digital experience quality, in its sale to Vista Equity Partners
- Aviva Investors in the sale of River Road Asset Management, an asset manager, to Affiliated Managers Group, Inc.
- Silver Lake Partners in its investment into Jio Platforms, India’s top telecom operator, and its acquisition of TEG, Asia Pacific’s leading live entertainment and ticketing company
- HPS Investment Partners in its acquisition and subsequent sale of Waste Industries USA, a provider of solid waste and recycling services and a variety of other confidential investment transactions
- GTCR in its acquisition of AssuredPartners, a US insurance brokerage firm, and Ultimus Fund Solutions and The Gemini Companies, each providers of full service fund administration solutions
- IFM Investors in its investment in GCT Global Container Terminals, a leading container terminal operator in North America
- Leonard Green Partners in its investments in CHG Healthcare Services, a healthcare staffing company and Napa Management, a provider of outsourced anesthesia services and the sale of Varsity Brands, a provider of school spirit training and equipment
- ArcLight Capital Partners in the acquisition of Axeon Marketing LLC, an asphalt company producer, from Axeon Specialty Products LLC
- Shamrock Capital in the sale of Consilio, a global leader in eDiscovery, document review, and legal consulting services to GI Partners