Alex McCarney is an associate in the London office of Latham & Watkins and a member of the Corporate Department.
Mr. McCarney advises on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, and general corporate matters. Prior to joining Latham, Mr. McCarney trained at and practiced in the corporate department of another international law firm.
Mr. McCarney’s experience includes advising:
- Stormlight Holdings (Silverstein family’s investment firm) in a significant investment into Swansea City Football Club
- Silver Lake on its US$500 million strategic investment in City Football Club, the world's leading private owner and operator of football clubs
- Equistone Partners Europe Limited on their acquisition of Moody’s Analytics Knowledge Services, a leader in knowledge process outsourcing services, providing high-value research and analytical support to organizations worldwide from US listed Moody’s Corporation
- Onex Partners V on its investment in Convex Group Limited, a specialty property and casualty insurance company headquartered in Bermuda
- One Equity Partners on the acquisition of Walterscheid Powertrain Group, a leading provider of original equipment and aftermarket parts and services for off-highway powertrain applications, from GKN Limited