Alanna Andrew is an associate in the London office of Latham & Watkins. Ms. Andrew has a broad practice within litigation and arbitration, focusing particularly on multi-jurisdictional commercial and finance litigation and civil fraud.
Ms. Andrew advises on a wide range of commercial and finance disputes. She has considerable experience in civil fraud and asset tracing, and in claims arising out of insolvency scenarios and shareholder disputes.
Ms. Andrew has also represented a number of companies in disputes around complex financial products and tax. She has particular experience in the art, mining and manufacturing sectors.
Ms. Andrew’s recent experience includes:
- Advising the liquidators of a BVI vehicle on a dispute arising out of a failed mining JV and related complex fraud. Seeking freezing injunction relief, asset disclosure and a passport order and pursuing claims in excess of $50 million in various jurisdictions
- Advising a high net worth family estate in connection with the sale of a painting and related fraud in excess of £2 billion, and seeking Norwich Pharmacal relief
- Advising an energy company in relation to a conspiracy worth over £1 billion in connection with a failed mining project, and seeking the court’s assistance to obtain information from third parties
- Advising on a multi-jurisdictional dispute involving claims for financial assistance in a high profile divorce, asset-tracing and freezing injunctions
- Advising a mining company in relation to seizing promissory notes worth in excess of £10 billion, in the context of an international fraud
- Advising current and former directors in connection with proceedings in various jurisdictions arising out of the well-publicised Madoff Ponzi scheme
- Advising a fitness company regarding obtaining evidence from third parties out of the jurisdiction in the context of a dispute alleging libel and false advertising
- Advising an insurance company in relation to a high value dispute around a complex financial product
- Advising an investor in relation to litigation arising out of a structured finance deal and shareholder dispute in the telecoms sector
- Advising Addison Lee in relation to a judicial review of HMRC’s decision to claim unpaid VAT potentially amounting to £40m
- Advising a company in relation to defending claims for professional negligence in the art sector
- Assisting with litigation brought by the US Department of Justice against global banking institutions in relation to a complex tax avoidance scheme*
- Advising on an LCIA arbitration in relation to a dispute over ownership of a Russian oil terminal*
- Advising a defence company in relation to various arbitration proceedings against foreign states and MODs and on several manufacturing and insurance disputes*
- Advising a high net worth individual in connection with the sale of a painting, in the context of a conspiracy*
*Matter completed at previous firm