Aisling Billington is an associate in the London office of Latham & Watkins and a member of the firm's Litigation & Trial Department.
Ms. Billington works across London's Litigation & Trial team and has a broad practice within commercial litigation and international arbitration.
Prior to qualification, Ms. Billington trained in the firm’s London office, gaining experience in litigation and trial, project finance, leveraged finance, mergers and acquisitions, and private equity matters.
Ms. Billington’s pro bono work also includes representing clients before English social security tribunals.
Ms. Billington's experience includes advising:
- A State party in an investment treaty arbitration under the UNCITRAL Rules concerning a bank rescue program
- Investors in two separate emergency arbitrations against Moldova conducted under the rules of the SCC*
- An international oil company in an LCIA arbitration against another international oil company concerning a dispute under a share purchase agreement
- A major European integrated energy company in an ICC arbitration concerning a long-term gas supply contract
- A global energy and resources private equity firm in an LCIA arbitration concerning energy projects in Africa
- An appellant before the Judicial Committee of the Privy Council in a case concerning alleged breaches of the BVI Business Companies Act 2004
- Facebook in various litigation and regulatory inquiries
- An international humanitarian NGO on matters related to international labor law and international refugee law
*Matter handled prior to joining Latham