Steven B. Stokdyk is a partner in the Los Angeles office of Latham & Watkins where he is the global Co-chair of the firm's Public Company Representation Practice and former local Chair of the Corporate Department. Mr. Stokdyk has extensive corporate, finance and acquisition experience representing companies, principal investors and investment banks in a variety of industries, including technology, financial institutions, healthcare, gaming and REITs.
- Hostile and negotiated mergers
- Initial public offerings
- High-yield, convertible and secured debt offerings
- Private equity and debt investments
He also regularly advises public and private clients on corporate governance and structure, securities law compliance and strategic transactions.
Mr. Stokdyk is a leading corporate attorney with extensive experience representing public and private companies in their most significant M&A transactions, as well as strategic/activist defense, proxy contest and other corporate control matters. Highlights of transactions include:
- Acquisitions or dispositions for Encore Capital Group, URS Corporation, Breitburn Energy, Boston Scientific, Live Nation, On Assignment, Motorcar Parts, Tutor-Saliba, KB Home, MRV Communications, Neptune Orient Lines and numerous other public and private companies
- Significant transactions for Oaktree Capital, Gores, Capital Group, Susquehanna International, sovereign wealth funds and other private equity investors
- Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Moelis, UBS, Stifel and other investment banks as financial advisors in a wide variety of public company merger transactions
Mr. Stokdyk is a leading capital markets attorney with extensive experience representing issuers and investment banks in a wide variety of equity and debt offerings. Highlights of transactions include:
- Over 40 initial public offerings, including The Trade Desk, BlackLine, TrueCar, Marcus & Millichap, LegalZoom.com, CKE, Pacific Coast Oil Trust, RealD, Grand Canyon University, Solera, AECOM, Dollar Financial Corp., Sunstone Hotel Investors, LECG, Corio, Pharsight, Palm, Expedia, Korn/Ferry International, UroSurge, Entertainment Properties Trust, BA Merchant Services, Crystal Decisions, Western Wireless Corporation, Business Objects, Vastar Resources, Bufete Industrial and Spieker Properties
- Equity and equity-linked offerings for DST, Cardtronics, Forestar, Live Nation, Louisiana Pacific Corporation, Health Care Property Investors, Ameristar Casinos, Encore Capital Group, Ceradyne and Chart Industries
- Investment grade debt offerings for Gaming & Leisure Properties, URS Corporation, National Semiconductor, Tenet Healthcare, Discover Financial Services, Santander Holdings, Costco Wholesale and Boise Cascade
- High-yield debt offerings for Lawson Software, Cequel Communications, WireCo WorldGroup, Clearwater Paper, JDA Software, Penn Gaming, Isle of Capri, EPR Properties, Millar Western, Motor City Casino, Yonkers Racing, Leslie’s Poolmart, WCA Waste and numerous other issuers