Sharon Lau is the Office Managing Partner of Latham & Watkins’ Singapore office. Ms. Lau’s practice focuses on corporate finance transactions where she represents both issuers and underwriters in international securities transactions, and public and private mergers and acquisitions where she represents private equity sponsors, financial investors, and corporates.
Ms. Lau’s corporate finance expertise includes:
- Initial public offerings and private placements
- High-yield and investment grade debt offerings
- Consent solicitations, tender offers, and exchange offers
Ms. Lau’s mergers and acquisitions expertise includes:
- Joint ventures and other private investments
- Buyouts, public takeovers, and privatizations
- Venture capital investments
She also advises on regulatory compliance and corporate governance issues.
Ms. Lau is recognized as a leading lawyer for
capital markets in Singapore and Indonesia by Chambers Asia-Pacific
2018. She is also noted by Legal 500 2018 for Singapore capital markets
and Singapore corporate and M&A.
Ms. Lau's experience includes advising:
- Vincom Retail and its shareholder Warbug Pincus on its debut international offering of shares listed on HOSE
- The underwriters in 7-Eleven Malaysia Holdings Berhad's US$225 million initial public offering of shares on Bursa Malaysia
- The underwriters in KrisEnergy's S$270 million initial public offering of shares on the SGX-ST
- MakeMyTrip Limited in its US$80.5 million initial public offering of shares on NASDAQ
- The underwriters in Lippo-Mapletree Indonesia Retail Trust's S$516.4 million initial public offering of units on the SGX-ST
- The underwriters in PT Hanjaya Mandala Sampoerna Tbk's US$1.4 billion rights offering
- PT Tower Bersama Infrastructure Tbk as guarantor and TBG Global Pte. Ltd. as issuer in its offer of US$350 million 5.25% senior unsecured notes due 2022
- Singapore Technologies Telemedia Pte. in its INR31 billion acquisition of a 74% stake in the India and Singapore-based data center businesses of Tata Communications
- GIC Private Limited in its minority investment into Flipkart Online Services, an India-based e-commerce company
- TPG Capital in its acquisition of a 50% stake in Myanmar Distillery, a Myanmar-based company involved in manufacturing alcoholic beverages
- Morgan Stanley as financial advisor to TCC Assets Limited in its US$11.7 billion acquisition of Fraser & Neave Ltd.
- PT Risjadson in its sale by way of an auction of a majority stake in PT Berau Coal (Berau) to PT Recapital Advisors