Elizaveta Bacheyeva is counsel in the Moscow office of Latham & Watkins. She specializes in financing transactions such as syndicated lending, project and real estate finance; as well as securitizations, financial restructurings and public debt issuances. Ms. Bacheyeva has extensive experience representing both arrangers and borrowers in complex cross-border transactions and advising on different aspects of financial and bank regulation.
Prior to joining Latham, Ms. Bacheyeva worked in the Moscow office of an international law firm, where she was primarily involved in finance, securitization and capital markets transactions.
Ms. Bacheyeva's representative experience includes advising:
- Sberbank in respect of a US$1 billion secured facility for a holding company of a major Russian mining group
- Gazprombank and Gazprombank (Switzerland) Ltd as mandated lead arrangers in respect of a US$240 million secured acquisition financing provided to O1 Properties for the purposes of acquiring from Capital Group over 40,000 m2 of office space in Tsvetnoy Legend Business Center
- VTB Capital, VTB and Alfa-Bank as members of syndicate in respect of a secured facility provided to RESO-Leasing, a major Russian leasing company, for working capital purposes
- VTB and VTB Capital in connection with the financing of a major Russian leasing company Europlan CJSC
- Raiffeisen Bank in relation to a RUB5 billion mortgage securitisation for Raiffeisen Bank Russia
- Russian regional telecom company in connection with acquisition (and associated acquisition financing) of a major Russian telecom provider
- Renaissance Capital in connection with securitization of consumer credits of Poidem! Bank
- Creditors’ committee in restructuring of US$480 million public debt of Potok8
- Raiffeisenbank on its term loan facilities to a real estate development group to finance the construction of a multi-storey office building in Moscow*
- Russian Oil Company in relation to US$50 million secured convertible loan provided to the corporate entity to finance development of the oil field *
- A leading Russian financial-industrial group in connection with a US$135 million real estate financing provided by a major German bank *
- Transnefteprodukt in connection with the issuance of RUB 2.5 billion 8.15% Limited Recourse Secured Notes and a subsequent cash tender offer and consent solicitation*
- JSC “Russian Standard Bank” on its inaugural credit card (revolving personal loans) securitisation raising RUB12.5 billion (approx. US$500 million) of securitized debt*
- Interregional Factoring Company Trust (a subsidiary of National Bank Trust) in connection with the first ever public rouble securitisation of factoring receivables worth RUB4.12 billion*
- The joint lead managers (HVB, JP Morgan and Barclays) on the structuring and execution of the first public €300 million consumer loan securitisation of JSC “Russian Standard Bank”*
* Indicates matter handled by the attorney prior to joining the firm.