Home to more than 100 transactional lawyers, the Houston office offers clients extensive industry knowledge and a complementary global perspective. With access to worldwide resources, Latham lawyers in Houston provide comprehensive guidance to clients facing any strategic business challenge.
Drawing on decades of experience, Latham lawyers serve clients across all sectors of the energy industry — from traditional energy sources such as oil and gas to renewable forms such as solar and wind — including:
- Exploration and production companies
- Gathering and processing, transportation, and other midstream companies
- Refiners and other downstream companies
- Renewable energy companies
- Chemical companies
- Commercial lenders and credit opportunity funds
- Investment banks
- Private equity firms
- Master limited partnerships
- Oilfield services and equipment firms
Awards & Rankings
Industry league tables reflect Latham’s position at the top of Houston’s legal community.
- Band 1 Ranking for Texas Corporate / M&A by Chambers USA 2020
- Band 1 Ranking for Texas Capital Markets: Debt and Equity by Chambers USA 2020
- Band 1 Ranking for Energy: Oil and Gas (Transactional) by Chambers USA 2020
- Band 1 Ranking for Texas Environment: Mainly Transactional by Chambers USA 2020
- Tier 1 Rankings for Energy Transactions: Oil & Gas by Legal 500 US 2020
- #1 US Oil & Gas Debt Capital Market by Deal Count and Value, Refinitiv, YE 2019
- #1 US Oil & Gas Investment Grade Debt Offerings by Deal Count and Value, Refinitiv, YE 2019
- #1 US Oil & Gas Equity Capital Market by Deal Count, Refinitiv, YE 2019
Latham is very involved in Houston’s civic community and actively collaborates with many local charitable organizations. The firm’s pro bono work includes serving for many years as a work-study sponsor of Cristo Rey Jesuit; working with local legal aid organizations to assist with asylum, immigration, estate and end-of-life planning; and being a principal partner of the Houston Fire Department on its annual holiday toy drive.