July 19, 2017
In a display of the firm’s capabilities across practice areas, six Latham & Watkins partners have been named 2017 “Rising Stars” by Law360. The awardees were selected based on their career accomplishments to date from among more than 1,200 nominations submitted by law firms. According to Law360, the awards highlight “attorneys under 40 whose legal accomplishments transcend their age.”
The Latham honorees include:
- Rachel Bates, a member of the firm’s Real Estate Practice, who was recognized in the Hospitality category. She advises clients in complex real estate transactions, including representing hotel owners and operators in connection with the disposition, acquisition, development, financing, ownership, franchise, and management of their hotel, resort and gaming properties.
- Andrew Gass, a litigator in Latham’s Antitrust & Competition Practice, who was named in the Competition category. Gass is a nationally recognized thought leader on emerging issues in antitrust law, copyright law, and the intersection between the two.
- Alexandra Croswell Kelly, who was honored in the Private Equity category, has a broad M&A practice that includes representation of numerous private equity firms, investment banks, and public and private companies across a wide range of industries. She is a member of the firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity Practices.
- Brian McManus, who was recognized in the Tax category, is a member of the firm’s Tax Controversy Practice whose practice focuses on civil and criminal tax litigation and controversies. He has successfully litigated complex tax cases and also represents clients at the US Internal Revenue Service.
- DJ Moore, a member of the firm’s Project Siting & Approvals Practice, who was named in the Environmental category. His practice focuses on obtaining and defending local, state and federal project-siting and environmental approvals for major infrastructure, energy, and development projects.
- Chad Rolston a member of Latham’s Mergers & Acquisition Practice, who was honored in the Technology category. He regularly advises public and private companies, private equity firms and venture capital firms in their strategic transactions across industries such as internet and digital media, life sciences, and semiconductors.